Monday, December 19, 2011

Holiday Guest Post #1: Glitter and Unicorns

It's time for guest posts! <3 I wasn't planning them until next year but after surgery my right hand need to heal and rest for 2 weeks so I decied to do them now and all sweet ladies will make it happen. I had so many Christmas ideas but they will have to wait till next year, oh well... What can we do. :) Not being able to use my right hand is super annoying, because I need help with everything, so I'm sure you understand why I can't reply to comments and questions now. As soon as my hand is fully recovered, I'll be back. :$

Let's start with Angie from Glitter and Unicorns. :L


Hello followers of Ivana Thinks Pink. My name is Angie, and my blog is called Glitter and Unicorns. Ivana has graciously asked me to be here while she heals after surgery, and I couldn't be more thrilled. I have a huge nail crush on her, and I always look forward to her posts.

Then I thought to myself, well what am I going to do now, that would rank up there with her awesome mani's? I originally wanted to do something pink since she is known for her pink, but figured she's probably worn all the pink polishes I have anyway. So I decided to go with something festive. Now what you see below is not the vision I started out with. I really wanted to do a red glitter gradient, but it got a little out of hand...and well I scrapped that idea. But what I found while trying it, was that I found an absolutely stunning glitter sandwich!

So I started out with a coat of China Glaze's iconic Ruby Pumps. On a side note, I literally JUST bought this polish....I know, I know, it's really old news, and honestly, I'm not sure why I haven't had this in my possession sooner! I then layered over China Glaze's Love Marilyn from their Eye Candy line. Then what I did next blew my eyeballs out of my head, I added another coat of Ruby Pumps over it. I know, it doesn't sound all that exciting, but Ruby Pumps jelly-ness really comes through.....and then, when you see it in the sun, you see the silver glitter of Love Marilyn, but it's pink! I'm seriously drooling, the depth in this is so gorgeous!


Now I complain all the time on my blog about my craptastic camera, and this is definitely one of those moments, my camera just didn't want to pick up the awesomeness of this layering combo. I urge you ladies to try it yourself to see first hand. I will admit that from far away, it just looks like red sparklies, but like most of us nail ladies, we are looking at it right next to our noses! My bf said to me yesterday "Can you stop looking at your nails for a second and pay attention to your driving...." eeek, lol!!


And, if you know me, you know I can't leave well enough alone, so this morning I added CND Crimson Sparkle to it. It added just an extra gold sparkle to it which I love! This is by far my favorite mani I've ever done, and I'm sad the greatness of it doesn't come across in my pics. This is definitely going to be my Christmas mani! In fact, I actually want to wear this all week! Which is crazy talk as I usually can't wear a mani for more than a day without wanting something different!

 

Well I hope you guys enjoyed my post! I'm so nervous about it, since I feel like such a nail n00b! And I have to thank Ivana again for giving me such an awesome opportunity to contribute to her wonderful blog! Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, and here's to the New Year!


I don't know about you but I just love her manicure! <3 I fell in love with Ruby Pumps when I tried it for the first time 2 weeks ago but this glitter sandwich is even prettier. I never tried CND's effects but now I think I need some in my collection. :$ Gorgeos Christmas manicure for sure. <3 Thank you Angie for your lovely post, it's great to have you here!

In case you don't know Angie, her lovely manicures and make up posts, check Glitter and Unicorns now and show some love! :)

Thanks for reading lovely readers and followers. :) Let me know, what do you think about her combination. What will you wear on Christmas? :)

Xoxo,
Ivana :k

17 Comment(s):

  1. :L amazing layering and how come I have never ever noticed this lovely blog before? Definitely following now :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you recover soon! feel better! :) great guest manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uff revca. Čimprej se ti naj poceli roka :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again Ivana! I'm so excited I could pee myself! Doesn't help that I do actually have to go to the bathroom! lol!

    I hope you healing goes well, and we get to see awesome New Years mani's from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I forgot to say, yes, you need to find some of the CND Effects polishes cause they are AWESOME! They look so unassuming in the bottle, but they are so wow on the nail! I need more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, such great layering, what an amazing guest post, and hope you are all healed soon Ivana, I went through the sort of the same thing recently so sending well wishes your way <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Angie! Ruby Pumps is gorgeus, and I love your layering! I'm going to check your blog immediately! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ivana, I really hope you'll heal soon. I'm having many health issues me too, I can understand how you're feeling. Big hugs! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is amazing and I don't know her so thank you for introducing her I shall go check immediately :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great layering Angie (again, I must try my Ruby Pumps before end of this month)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hope you heal quickly, angie i can see all the awesome-ness and its beautiful i would never have thought to jelly rp with a pink glitter so creative and very beautiful, great post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this combo is so pretty! i have all the ingredients! . i shall try this soon! . i hope your hand heals very fast <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oohh so perfect color !! i wait u my blog ! kisses :)
    http://nzlsyn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so need to get this red!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the combinations, looks very pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. aeweee oohh sooo pretty!Lately I have become a RED lover :L

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow... all I have to say is "Wow"!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*